Collection of Information. We take your privacy very seriously and promise to respect your personal information. Information is collected fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended and updated from time to time). We may collect personal information directly from you when you ask for a quote or as a result of the purchase of a product or service from us. We will do our best to ensure that your details are kept accurate and up to date and we would ask you to assist us in doing so by notifying us of any changes. We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our service and the efficiency of our systems and so, from time to time, we may use your personal information to help us do this.
Collection of Information
We take your privacy very seriously and promise to respect your personal information. Information is collected fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended and updated from time to time). We will do our best to ensure that your details are kept accurate and up to date and we would ask you to assist us in doing so by notifying us of any changes.
We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our service and the efficiency of our systems and so, from time to time, we may use your personal information to help us do this.
(1) You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at our customer services address in (2) below. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in our files for regulatory purposes.
(2) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to SPB UK & Ireland Ltd to cover our administration costs:
Customer Services (Data Subject Request)
SPB UK & Ireland
Isambard Brunel Road
Exchange of Information
We exchange personal information with approved organisations for fraud prevention purposes and we may provide such information to others were required by law. We, and other companies associated to us, will use and analyse your personal information for the following purposes:
- Managing and administering products and services that we supply – in the case of insurance products this will include underwriting, reinsurance and claims handling purposes and may include disclosing your information to other insurers, reinsurers, regulatory authorities or to our agents who provide services on our behalf.
- Considering any application for products you may make and to help in making credit-related decisions about where appropriate;
- Financial risk assessment, money laundering checks, compliance and regulatory reporting and fraud prevention;
- Assisting in making decisions on insurance proposals, other products and any claims made by you, members of your household, and others connected with your insurance proposals and claims; and
- Helping us to develop new and innovative products and services. Your personal information will only be disclosed to a third party if such a third party has agreed to keep your personal information strictly confidential and use it only for the purpose for which we provide it to them and;
It is necessary for the performance of an agreement we have with you;
- You have given your consent to the disclosure;
- Such disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- We are entitled to transfer rights and/or obligations as provided under the terms of any policy you may purchase;
- Any such third party provides benefits or services to you under or in connection with our agreement with you;
Or it is a credit reference or fraud prevention agency.
Dealing with Other People
If you would like someone else to be able to deal with your claim for you on a regular basis please contact us. In some exceptional circumstances we may also deal with other people who call us on your behalf, with your consent.
Monitoring and Recording of Emails and Telephone Calls
We may record telephone calls for monitoring and training purposes and to assist us in preventing and detecting fraud. By using such communication methods you are consenting to this.
Data Storage Security
Any saved personal information is held confidentially and safely on our mainframe computer with security systems to prevent unauthorised access.
We take security very seriously and we use one of the strongest available security systems to protect your communications with us. When you fill in the online application form it is automatically protected using something called a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) between your computer and ours.
SSL works in the following ways:
- It prevents impersonation – you can tell that you are using a genuine SSL site by the padlock symbol at the bottom of the screen. Clicking on either the padlock of the image opposite will reveal our Registration Certificate that is issued be Verisign, a leading Internet security company.
- It encrypts data – as soon as your computer has recognised our computer they encrypt all information that is passed between them. Data encryption means that no one else can read or change your information as it travels over the internet.
- It prevents scrambling – SSL uses a Message Authentication Code to prevent anyone tampering with the Site. Your computer will always check this code before it takes a message from us. This means that if anyone tried to interfere with a message, your computer would not recognise the code and would alert you.
Please be on your guard for suspicious emails. If you do receive an email asking you to submit account or security details (such as a credit/debit card number or password) or if you are suspicious in any way of any communication you are asked to provide over the internet in connection with your claim please contact us.
If you wish to discuss any matter set out in this document please contact us.
All users, including contractors and vendors with access to our systems, are responsible for taking the appropriate steps to select and secure their passwords. Do not share your password with anyone, including administrative assistants or secretaries.